Accelerite RaaS rCloud is not designed for long term hosting of virtual machines. There are 3 primary reasons to run machines on the service:
- Verification of backup images
- Testing configuration changes or upgrades prior to deploying in production
- Failover in the event of a disaster.
The Cloud Machine policy defines how long a machine may run for. The default setting should be used in all cases other than Failover.
The policy is defined as follows:
- Default for Test Restore
- The machine will run for 3 days after which time it will be stopped (gracefully shutdown)
- The machine will be deleted 7 days after it is stopped
- If the machine is started again the policy is reset
- The machine will only be stopped or deleted manually (through the web interface)
NOTE: When running machines using the Failover policy additional charges may apply, depending on your contract.