Adding a product
You can create a new product to target new resources or to replace a retired product. If it is a fresh product, you can add the product to the very first revision of the Reference Catalog and to the current revision of all the channel catalogs. The price that you set for the product remains in the channel catalogs. If you would like to change the price at the channel catalog level, you can do so only in the future plan of the channel catalog.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager as the service provider user having "Product create manage" role.
- Click the Catalog tab and choose Plan Next from the drop-down.
- Select the service instance for which you want to create the product.
- Click Add New in Products dashboard to add a product.
- Add Product wizard appears. Enter the details to define the product and select the product category from the drop down list.
- Click Next.
- Select the usage types, from the drop down list, that will impact this product. Choose the appropriate aggregation handling or operator (combine or exclude) for every usage type.
- Click on "+" sign to enter the next usage type. After entering the details for the next usage type, click Next.
- Enter the mediation rules for the usage type. The mediation rule will be applied on how usage needs to be collected. Click Next.
- Specify the conversion factor for the product units and click Next.
- Enter the utility or product charges for the active currencies and click Next.
- Review the details you entered and click Add.
- Click Close.