An ISO is a read-only file that has an ISO/CD-ROM style file system. Users can upload their own ISOs and mount them on their guest VMs. ISOs are uploaded based on a URL. ISOs may be public or private, like templates. ISOs are not hypervisor specific.
Name: Name of the ISO
ID: ID of the ISO
State: State of the ISO
Zone: Zone where the ISO is available
Zone ID: ID of the zone where the ISO is available
Display Text: Description of the ISO
Size: Size of the ISO in GB
Bootable: Whether or not a guest could boot off this ISO image
Public: Yes, if the ISO is available to other users
Featured: If the ISO is made more prominent for users to select
Cross Zones: If the ISO is available across zones
OS Type: OS of the ISO
Account: User who has created the ISO
Domain: Domain to which the ISO belongs
Created: Timestamp of creation of the ISO
Adding an ISO
- Click Add New.
- Specify the following:
- Name: Name for the ISO image
- Display Text: Description of the ISO
- URL: The URL that hosts the image
- Zone: Zone where the ISO will be available
- Bootable: Whether or not a guest could boot off this ISO image
- OS Type: Type of the OS
- Select the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and click OK.
Searching and filtering ISOs
The ISOs tab lists all ISOs. As a master user/power user/normal user, you can find a particular ISO/ISOs by using the search and filter options. The option to search and filter is visible in the CPBM UI only if the CloudPlatform Connector version supports search and filter operations for ISOs.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager UI as master user/power user/normal user.
- Either click My Services and then click the desired CloudPlatform service instance tab or click Manage Resources and then click the desired CloudPlatform service instance link.
- Click the ISOs tab.
- In the Search box, specify the ISO name and click Enter.
- To filter the list of ISOs:
- Click the Filter icon.
- Select the filter option zone and select the desired filter parameter from the dropdown list.
- Click Go!.