- Login as Root user.
- Navigate to Administration > Configuration > B/OSS Integration.
- Click Directory Server > Configure and set up the Active Directory.
The mapping of AD user’s fields to CPBM user’s fields is defined in the Administration > Configuration > B/OSS Integration > Directory Server section. The fields such as name.mapping, email.mapping can be edited to specify the AD to CPBM field mapping.
If you want to use the user's email address or any other field such as username for the user, replace the sAMAccountName in the handle.to.match.in.directory.server expression with the appropriate AD field name.
- Creates a user if it is present in AD Group/OU but not present in CPBM. The following fields from active directory is used while creating the user:
- phone number
- language preference
- Language preference is set only if the respective AD field contains the locale in the format compatible to the ISO 639 alpha-2 or alpha-3 language code.
- Updates the user fields if the user is present in AD Group/OU as well as CPBM. The fields that are updated are first-name, last-name, email, phone number and language preference.
- If the user is present in CPBM but not in AD Group/OU, the tool gives a warning in the report generated indicating that "Following CPBM users cannot be found in AD". The admin has to take appropriate action on this. Same is the case if the user is moved from an AD group to other.