A template is a reusable configuration for virtual machines. When users launch VMs, they can choose from a list of templates. A template is a virtual disk image that includes an OS type and is associated with a hypervisor type.
Name: Name of the template
Hypervisor: Hypervisor of the template
State: Description of the template
ID: Template ID
Zone ID: ID of the zone where the template is available
Display Text: Description of the template
Type: Type of template, whether public or private
OS Type: OS type of the template
Password Enabled: Whether the template has password change script installed
Public: Whether the template is accessible to all users of the service
Account: Account to which the template belongs
Domain: Domain to which the template belongs
Created: Timestamp when the template was created
Adding a Template
- Click Add New.
- Specify the following:
- Name: Name for the template
- Display Text: Description of the template
- URL: The URL that hosts the image
- Zone: Zone where the template will be available
- OS Type: Select the OS type of the image
- Hypervisor: Hypervisor type
- Format: Image format
- Password Enabled: Specify yes for password reset feature that allows users to set a temporary admin or root password as well as reset the existing admin or root password.
- Select the check box to accept the terms and conditions and click OK.
Searching and filtering templates
The Templates tab lists all templates. As a master user/power user/normal user, you can find a particular template/templates by using the search and filter options. The option to search and filter is visible in the CPBM UI only if the CloudPlatform Connector version supports search and filter operations for templates.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager UI as master user/power user/normal user.
- Either click My Services and then click the desired CloudPlatform service instance tab or click Manage Resources and then click the desired CloudPlatform service instance link.
- Click the Templates tab.
- In the Search box, specify the template name and click Enter.
- To filter the list of templates:
- Click the Filter icon.
- Select any or all of the filter options such as zone and hypervisor, and select the desired filter parameter from the dropdown list.
- Click Go!.