Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05 compatibility issue with XenServer 7.0 or later
This interoperability article is applicable for customers using XenServer 7.0 or later and are either on Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05 or planning to upgrade to Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05 soon.
Accelerite CloudPlatform Engineering has noticed a compatibility issue between XenServer 7.0 or later, and Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05. Any customer having this deployment combination may encounter root/data volume corruption or deletion while performing volume migration operation. Engineering team suspects the cause to be related to an optimisation in the way management server handles volume migration.
To address the issue, Accelerite CloudPlatform Engineering recommends their customers to apply this patch on top of Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05. This fix will also be made available as part of Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 06.
Instructions to apply the patch on Rovius CP 4.11 Hotfix 05
- Stop the usage server and management server using the following commands:
- service cloudstack-usage stop
- service cloudstack-management stop
- Back up the cloud and cloud_usage databases.
- Back up the existing jar file cloud-plugin-hypervisor-xenserver-220.127.116.11.jar from the management server.
- Unzip the patch and copy the jar file cloud-plugin-hypervisor-xenserver-18.104.22.168.jar to the location /usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/WEB-INF/lib.
- Start the usage server and management server using the following commands:
- service cloudstack-management start
- service cloudstack-usage start
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Create a data disk and attach it to a VM in one cluster.
- Detach the created data disk.
- Migrate the data disk to a primary storage in another cluster.
- After successful migration try to attach the data disk to any VM.
- Attach data disk may fail.
Note: Similar issue can be observed during offline volume migration or stopped VM migration.
Upon following the instructions to apply this patch, data disk can be successfully attached.
- 3f390fb7d8c870acf530bbcdb9bbd4ac CloudPlatform-4.11_HF_05_Patch1.zip
- 83aa828cff747617da83685a3046b0e9 CloudPlatform-4.11_HF_05_Patch1/cloud-plugin-hypervisor-xenserver-22.214.171.124.jar