Download Radia 10.0 CP4
Accelerite is happy to announce the availability of our latest Radia (Sentient Enterprise) release Radia 10.0 CP4. Which means staying current with Radia is that much easier and removes the pain of migrating from a previous release. CP4 offers an extensive range of new features and enhancements on top of Radia 10.0 CP3 that will help you manage your endpoint infrastructure much more efficiently.
Here is a quick overview of what is new in CP4:
UI-REVAMP (Flex/Flash Dependency Removal)
Adobe has announced it is ending support for its Flash Player on December 31, 2020.
All the major browser makers, including Microsoft and Google, have announced they will be removing support for Flash from their browsers at the same time. This will include the new, Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge. Flash will be disabled as a factory setting soon, and users will need to re-enable Flash on a site-by-site basis. Flash will be completely removed from the browsers by December 31, 2020.
Radia 10.0CP3 and earlier versions use the Flash technology for the console functions. Radia 10.0CP4, provides the updates to remove all Flash dependency in Radia and replaces it with the more futureproof HTML5. This also means a new Look & Feel and more responsiveness as compared to the existing UI.
REPORTING CHANGES (JRE Dependency Removal)
Radia has a dependency on JRE to display various graphs in the Reporting page.
Radia 10.0 CP4 removes this dependency on displaying graphs.
APPLICATION WHITELISTING AND DEVIATION REPORT
Administrator can now define a list of applications as whitelisted applications from an audit list. Rest of the applications will be treated as deviations from the whitelist and will be reported. Administrators can also add any new/custom application as Whitelisted application. Any deviation from the whitelisted application on the endpoints will be reported to the administrator.
Key features of Application Whitelisting:
- Select whitelisted applications from a pre-populated list of applications (through hardware/software audit connect)
- Add custom/additional applications as whitelisted application through intuitive UI.
- View reports based on deviation – Deviated device report & Deviated application report
SUPPORT FOR DYNAMIC SMART AGENT
Often IT Administrators spend a lot of their time and effort managing a remote branch or location. The compliance requirements mandate them to deploy security patches and software updates on the entire landscape. The situation becomes more challenging when it comes to managing branches and locations with very limited bandwidth.
Smart Agents are the next generation Radia Agents (delivered on top of 10.0 CP4 as a hotfix) addresses this problem with ease. These agents come with a capability to download the data and serve it to the other agents.
Below are some of the unique features of Radia Smart Agents:
- Dynamically Enabled – The agents are selected at a defined frequency to be enabled as Smart Agents. This is based on an internal algorithm and availability.
- Dynamic Fallback – If the primary agent goes down, the secondary agent starts serving the endpoints from where the primary agent had left. All these configurations and settings are done dynamically.
- Realtime Synchronization – If the primary agent goes down, the secondary agent can still serve the data that was downloaded by the primary agent including the partially downloaded data.
- Checkpoint Restart – If the primary agent goes down during data download, the secondary agent starts downloading the data from the upstream server from where the primary agent had left. This is to ensure that the partially downloaded files are not downloaded from the beginning.
SUPPORT FOR OFFICE 365
Currently customers are downloading O365 media using Microsoft ODT (Office Deployment Tool), packaging the entire media (approximately 3 GB), publishing it as traditional service and deploying it to the client nodes.
Delivered as a hotfix on top of 10.0 CP4, Radia provides addresses this problem. Radia eases the O365 deployment and management experience in following way:
O365 Features in Radia
- Create/Edit ODT configuration.xml, download Office Media and publish metadata to Radia Core
- Creation of Network share required for ODT during publishing.
- Synchronize Office Media metadata to downstream Full Stream/Streamline Satellites.
- Service to convert Agent node to O365 Proxy for distribution on demand.
- Installation of O365 based on SID of the agent.
- Manage Updates of already installed Office 365 Products.
THIRD PARTY UPGRADES
Below are some of the Third-Party Upgrades as delivered as part of 10.0 CP4:
- OpenSSL upgrade to v1.1.1d
- Wildfly upgrade to v18.0.1.Final
- Support for MySQL Versions (Community and Enterprise Editions)
- MySQL 5.6.48
- MySQL 8.0.19
- OpenLDAP 2.4.50
RE-BRANDING TO SENTIENT
With a vision to consolidate the endpoint products into one stack, Radia and Sentient together will be called Sentient stack going forward. The changes have been introduced with 10.0 CP1 release. The patch installation will rename the product from Radia to Sentient Enterprise. You’ll see the Core and Satellite consoles and agents reflecting the re-branded Sentient name and logo.
In addition to the above, several maintenance and bug fixes that improve performance, scale and usability are included.
Download the Patch here, today and try out its new capabilities. Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://support.accelerite.com to know more about Radia (Sentient Enterprise) 10.0 CP4 .
For more updates on Accelerite and its products read it all on Product Manager Blog