The first step in any Failover is to restore your ShadowProtect or vSphere Machine from the latest recovery point.
Once this is done you can start your machine in Failover mode as follows:
There are 2 ways to start a machine.
- Immediately after completing a restore you can click the Start Machine button.
- From the machines tab hover the arrows next to the machine name and click Start.
On the next screen you will be presented with a number of options prior to starting (booting) your machine.
Make sure you select the Failover Cloud Machine Policy
Click the word Disabled next to Connectivity for Failover
- Check the box to Enable external connection for Failover
- Optionally Enable GRE to enable PPTP VPN passthrough to the machine you starting
- Optionally Enable L2TP to enable L2TP VPN passthrough to the machine you starting
- Note the IP network (Network Gateway and Subnet Mask) that is being created. Contact Accelerite Support if you need to change it for any reason.
In the Enable inbound connections to ports click Add to forward ports to your machine(s). In the example below there are 2 servers that will be running in the cloud:
- Server1 is an SBS Server running Exchange (including Outlook Web Access). It has an internal IP of 192.168.50.51
- Server2 is a Terminal Server. It has an internal IP of 192.168.50.52
- For each port you wish to open:
- Enter the Public (external) Port number
- Enter the Local (Internal) IP of the server to which the port will be forward.
- Enter the Local (internal) Port number (in most cases this will be the same as the public port)
- Choose the Protocol, TCP or UDP
- Click Insert
- Click Submit when you are done.
NOTE: Port forwarding for all machines must be configured before this first Failover machine is started, even though none of the machines are running yet. It can not be changed later without stopping all the machines again.
NOTE: Forwarding for non standard ports (detailed in the Failover Connectivity section) may be configured, however these ports will not be available until you contact Accelerite Support.
Once you click submit Connectivity for Failover will become Enabled and all other options will be greyed out. You can now start the machine by clicking the Start Machine button.
Once the machine has started you will see your dedicated Failover IP address displayed in the web interface.
You can connect and start additional machines on your Failover network.
Once you have all the required machines running test inbound connectivity.
Once you have confirmed connectivity is working you can change DNS records and begin to get users connected to their servers.
NOTE: Once you have successfully got your users connected and working be sure to contact Accelerite Support to start planning your Failback.