Physical or virtual machines not running on vSphere/ESX(i) can be backed up using Dell AppAssure and uploaded to rCloud.
Supported AppAssure Versions
- Dell AppAssure 5.3.5 and higher
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. SP1 is required for agent installation. Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 alone will not currently work, although you can have both installed
- The machine on which the agent is installed must have a supported version of AppAssure Core server.
- The Core must be pre-configured to protect Windows machines. These Windows machines can be physical or virtual.
- The AppAssure Core machine must trust the following Certification authorities:
- Entrust - Entrust (2048) Certificate
- Godaddy - GoDaddy Standard SSL Wildcard Certificate
- The machines being backed up by the core must have static IP addresses
- The Agent requires a portion of local disk space to work in referred to as "workspace". This must be equivalent to 5% of the total protected volumes (e.g. a total 1TB of disk space on the protected machines will require 50GB of workspace). This directory can have any name, but must be created on a local volume prior to importing any machines.
- Only NTFS and GPT volumes are supported for backup
- The agent needs outbound connectivity to the internet using DNS, specifically to:
- rCloud hosts: *.accelerite.com
- IP service address range: 22.214.171.124/24 (126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52)
- TCP Ports:
- Non-NTFS partitions, including utility partitions. Unsupported Configurations
- Dual-boot/Multi-boot systems
- IPv6 is not supported
- Multi-homed systems (multiple NICs are supported as long as only 1 is in use)
- Systems with software RAID
- Systems with volumes over 2TB in size
- Peripherals and external devices (i.e. USB/Serial dongles, modems etc) AppAssure Implementation
We recommend you review AppAssure documentation to become familiar with their software. You should contact your AppAssure software vendor for assistance in implementation.