Patches for ConVirt 2.0
This page has list of patches released for version 2.0 along with instructions to patch a ConVirt installation.
ConVirt 2.0 Patch Bundles
For users with ConVirt 2.0 setup, the patch bundle provides an easy way to apply number of patches together. Please note that you may still want to apply recommended patches from Individual patches section below.
|Description||Cumulative patch bundle # 1|
|Fixes||List of Fixes|
|Comments||This patch bundle can be applied even if you have applied few of patches published before the date.|
- Login to the CMS machine using Linux user used to install CMS.
- Backup the CMS directory. (Directory containing convirt-ctl file. Typically /home/convirt/convirt or /root/convirt)
mkdir before_patch_bundle_1 cp -r convirt before_patch_bundle_1
- Go to CMS installation directory,
- Download the patch bundle on the CMS machine.
- Shutdown CMS
- Remove old log files.
rm convirt.log* paster.log
- Untar the patch files.
tar -xzvf convirt-2.0.patch_bundle_1.tar.gz
- Adjust src/convirt/web/convirt/development.ini to your custom values. You can refer to the file from your backup location. Typical changes are
* database user * listening port * etc.
- NOTE : Do NOT copy development.ini from backup location. There are few new required attributes added in the new development.ini
- Update repository using update script(update_repository.sql). You will be prompted for MySQL database password.
mysql -u root -p convirt < ./update_repository.sql
- start CMS
- Restart the Browser. (Just as a precaution)
- Visit Individual Patches section and see if there are new Recommended patches that needed to be applied.
These section is useful, if you want to apply new patches. If you have a new ConVirt installation, then it is recommended to use the Cumulative patch section first, and then apply patches from this section. Note, read the pre-requisites carefully.
Here is the procedure to apply individual patches. Please use this unless different instructions are given for a given patch.
- log in to the machine where ConVirt Management Server is installed.
- Download the patch file in ConVirt installation (usually /home/convirt/convirt)
- patch -p0 < patch_file_name
- Restart ConVirt Management Server
ConVirt 2.0 Individual Patches
|Description||Patch for CMS problem when Managed Server is started.|
|Fixes||Fixes CMS issues when a managed server is restarted.|
|Comments||For details see : forum post|
|Patch File(s)||See attachment to forum post here|
|Prerequisites||Convirt 2.0 with Patch Bundle #1 applied.|