What's new in CloudPortal Business Manager 2.4
Accelerite CloudPlatform Connector updates
- Load balancer health check capability: You can now configure health check on LB rules.
- Global Server Load Balancing: You can use the GLSB functionality for load sharing, disaster recovery, and better performance.
- Multiple IP addresses per NIC: You can associate multiple private IP addresses per NIC on a VM.
- ACL Lists: You can create ACL lists on VPCs and assign them to VPC tiers and control traffic between the VPC tiers and the tiers and internet.
- ACL rules: ACL rules are supported on all transport layer protocols ( ICMP, TCP, UDP) and protocol numbers associated with IPv4 or IPv6.
- You can now use an internal load balancer within a VPC tier.
Reporting functionality for end users
Reports are now available to end users to monitor their spend. CPBM generates spend reports by product, product bundle, and user. The reports display the top ten products, product bundles, and users based on monthly spend. End users can view and download these reports.
Billing resiliency job for processing of old unbilled product usages
The billing resiliency job is a new job available to service providers which allows processing of old unbilled product usages that have been collected from the cloud service.
- Customization of message properties and CSS
You can customize the CSS and message properties of CloudPortal Business Manager UI without compiling the customization bundle.
- AD sync without customization SDK
Active Directory synchronization is simplified and no longer needs the customization SDK setup. Service providers can set the necessary parameters from the CPBM UI and trigger the directory synchronization from the command line.
- Enhancements in channel-specific branding functionality
Customization of email subject for each of the CPBM templates at a channel level can be done. Additionally, customization of the title and copyright information is possible at a channel level to further improve the channel-specific branding capability.
Usability enhancements and UI improvements
- Ordering of services and service instances
Service providers can now control the display order of the services and service instances. This ordering of service is seen in catalog management for service providers and catalog browsing for end users.
- Enhanced billing information
In the Activity page, new charges and renewal charges as grouped by the cloud service along with the resource type. Closeout invoices now have the products grouped by service instances. Subscription invoices also display the name of the user who has subscribed to the product bundle.
- Search and filter options
Search and filter options for list views enable service providers and users to narrow down and quickly find specific objects.
Improved messaging on activity completion
Notifications are sent on completion of an activity in a workflow that is initiated by an end user.
There are certain settings that you should not change after you start using CPBM. Once defined and after the system is in use, CPBM now restricts you from editing these settings.
Citrix Insight Services (TaaS) Plugin
Citrix Insight Service (CIS) or CloudPortal Business Manager (CPBM) Admin utility is a utility to collect log files required for diagnostics and analysis of issues. It enables you to automatically detect configuration issues from customer database dump and logs.
Location of the script: /usr/share/vts3/tools/cpbm.
- Log in to the virtual machine hosting the CPBM server.
- Navigate to directory /usr/share/vts3/tools/.
- Run the CPBM utility.
- Run the CPBM utility (with option "-d n") on all other CPBM nodes in the same cluster.
- The CPBM utility generates a dump file.
- Download the generated file from the virtual machine using a Secure FTP (SFTP) or Secure Copy (SCP) utility, such as WinSCP, and upload it to Citrix Insight Services for analysis.
- CPBMD-19572: There is no auto-termination after an account is suspended.
- CPBMD-20674: The support email address is configurable at the channel level.
- CPBMD-20780: Custom tenant/user/subscription fields can now be accessed through the BSS APIs.
- CPBMD-20884: Subscriptions are no longer created if there are insufficient resources.
- CPBMD-20890: The business constraints of a product bundle can be enhanced. The following table tells you how to enhance the business constraints:
Business Constraint of Bundle Resource Constraint of Resource Type Possible Business Constraint of Bundle Any Level, No limits Any Level, No Limits Cannot Change Account Level, No limits Any Level, No Limits Any Level, No Limits User Level, 1 per user Any Level, No Limits Any Level, No Limits 1 per Account Any Level, No Limits Account Level, No Limits Any Level, No Limits 1 per user Account Level, No limits Account Level, No limits Cannot Change 1 per Account Account Level, No limits Account Level, No limits User Level, 1 per user User Level, 1 per user Cannot Change 1 per Account User Level, 1 per user User Level, 1 per user 1 per Account 1 per Account Cannot Change
- CPBMD-21013: Support is provided for removing an account using BSS API.
- CPBMD-21069: Added support for disk offering created in channel / account domain in Accelerite CloudPlatform connector.
- CPBMD-20672: Default approval task template is now available for new activities and workflows.
- CPBMD-21004: Any change in the email address of a user in CPBM is propagated to CloudPlatform at the backend.
- CPBMD-19580: You can now specify the scale (number of digits to the right of the decimal point) for usage and chargeable usage fields in close out invoices.
- CPBMD-20827: The service provider/root user can specify the available time zones that should be displayed to the end user in the CPBM UI.
- CPBMD-20948: User can select the public LB provider for the VPC while creating the VPC.
- CPBMD-19718: The user time-zone is listed as the default time-zone while configuring recurring snapshot schedule for volumes.
Upgrade to MySQL 5.6
CloudPortal Business Manager 2.4 requires MySQL 5.6. The installation or upgrade of CPBM 2.4 will automatically install MySQL 5.6. MySQL 5.6 supports the utf8mb4 character set, which uses a maximum of four bytes per character.
Upgrade to Java 7
CloudPortal Business Manager 2.4 requires Java 7. The installation or upgrade of CPBM 2.4 will automatically install Java 7.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11
- Mozilla Firefox 34.0.5
- Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95
- Apple Safari 8.0.2 (10600.2.5)