Service provider users are users that are part of the organization operating the cloud. These are members of your organization who will manage various aspects of supporting the users of the cloud.
As a Root User of your setup, you can add Service Provider users to your own account.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager UI as Root user.
- Go to Administration > Service Provider Users. List of all the users in your account will be displayed in the left pane.
- Click Add New.
- Enter the user name and email id of the user you want to create.
- In the Profile field, select the profile name that corresponds to the new user's role in the organization. Each profile has a set of permissions associated with it.
Note: The selection of a profile is very important, because it determines what the user will and will not be able to do on the portal.
- Select the Time Zone and Preferred Language fields.
- Click Customize Welcome Email to change the text of the notification mail that will be sent to the new user.
- Click Finish. The user will receive a Welcome Email that contains a link to verify his email and to set the password. The service provider user must log in through this link for the first time to confirm the validity of the email address.
- There is no expiry period for the verification link sent in the Welcome email.
- Also, the expiry period for the verification link cannot be configured or changed.