SSH keys are used for authentication into a newly launched VM. You can connect to a VM without using a username and password, by using the SSH keys. For this to work, user has to either upload a private key for which the public key is saved locally, or generate a key pair and save the generated public key locally. And then, select any key while launching the VM. This option is available for the CCP cloud service.
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager UI as a user.
- Click My Services tab.
- You can see the list of all applicable service instances (enabled for the user) in the right pane. Select the desired service instance.
- Click My Settings. This will redirect you to SSH Key settings page where you can generate SSH Keys and upload SSH Keys.
- To generate the SSH key, provide the key name and click Generate.
- To upload the SSH key, provide the key name and then upload the key.