You can update machines settings after the initial Import. The following settings can be updated
- Machine (Name) - the name of the machine in the rCloud Service
- Agent - the Agent used to protect the machine
- Backup Schedule - how often the agent checks to see if there are new collapsed daily backup files to upload
NOTE: The schedule is not necessarily how often backup files are uploaded but rather how often the agent checks for new files to upload. Intra-da
- Do not expect backups on weekends - if you check this box the agent will not produce an error if it doesn't find any new collapsed daily backups on the weekend.
- ShadowProtect Backup location - the path to the backup chain for the protected machine
- ShadowProtect Decryption Password - the password to decrypt the backup files, which is required for backup operation (please see our Knowledge Base to understand the security controls around these stored passwords).
- Credentials to access backup files - Domain, user name and password to access the backup files
NOTE: Credentials are only required when the Agent is accessing the files on a network location using UNC path
- SysInfo File location - the location of a system information (NFO) file.
NOTE: This field should only be used when you are directed to do so by rCloud support)
To update Machine settings follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Client you want to work with by using the Clients drop down.
Use the drop down menu next to the machine name to access the machine Settings page
Click Edit at the bottom of the page and update any of the fields described above.