To import an AppAssure protected machine over the internet, carry out the following steps.
NOTE: This can be done from any location using a web browser, you do not need to be connected to the network where the machine is located.
NOTE: Seeding via disk (manual import) is described in a later section.
- Navigate to the Machines tab.
Click ADD SEED.
Complete the Seed to Cloud form as follows:
- Select AppAssure Machine.
- Select via Internet
- Ensure the correct Client is selected in the Clients drop-down list.
- Ensure the correct Agent is selected in the Agent drop-down list.
- Select the Machine to Seed. The form will automatically populate with all machines currently being backed up by the Core where the selected agent is installed, unless they are already seeded to the rCloud. Note: if you do not see your list of machines, wait a few minutes while the Agent queries the Core.
- Enter a meaningful Machine Name to identify the machine in the rCloud.
- Click ADD
On the Operation: Import page, click IMPORT. Read the warning regarding upload times and click **OK* if you are ready to proceed.
Monitor the status and ensure that the sub-status appears below it. The machine is uploading when the statuses read Uploading and Uploading as shown below.
You can click the Uploading sub status link to view upload progress.
After the Import completes, you should see a status of Restorable with the description Backup Complete. Available for restore.