- Make sure that you have followed Preparing Managed Servers.
- Select a server pool in the left Navigation pane, then select Add Server.
- For example, select KVM-Pool, then right-click to display the context menu
- Select the virtualization platform, then click OK. For example, select KVM and then click OK.
- Type the host name or IP address of the server, and a user name and password for account with permission to access the managed server, then click OK. For example
- If the connection is successful, the managed server is added to the Convirt console.
- For KVM and Xen platforms, if your hosts already have existing VMs, you will be prompted to import them. Select the virtual machine configuration files and press OK to kick-off the import of existing virtual machines.
NOTE: If you're using libvirt, you may need convert your libvirt configuration files to ConVirt format to make this process work.
- Download the Converter tool.
- Unpack the converter tool
tar -xvf converter.tar
- Execute the conversion
- This will create a .cfg file for each xml file found in the directory.
- Go to the CMS, select the managed host, and select "Import Virtual Machine Config File(s)" option. Select the converted files and import them.
- ConVirt will launch a task to import the VMs, and they will begin to show up in the CMS as each is imported.
- For more information, you can find more detailed information/discussion at the following link:
- Now you can now create and manage the complete life cycle of virtual machines on this managed server.
Adding A New Managed Server
또 다른 질문이 있으십니까? 문의 등록
Adding comment, please wait....
Provide Feedback on Article: