- Deploying a cloud service connector into CloudPortal Business Manager.
- Enabling a cloud service connector and adding a cloud service instance.
Cloud Service Connector
- Implements the semantics prescribed by the Cloud Service Connector SDK.
- Defines the following metadata:
- Endpoint and credential parameters
- Account Configuration
- Account Controls
- Resource Metadata: Various resources that can be provisioned and metered
- Custom UI Views for Account configuration, Subscription provisioning
- Accelerite CloudPlatform
- CloudPortal Services Manager
- Reference connector:
- Apache CloudStack
- Account Creation
- User Creation
- Resource provisioning
- Product definition
- Usage collection
- Event collection
Deploying a cloud service connector into CloudPortal Business Manager
The cloud service connector will be deployed into VIRGO's directory. If there are no errors in the connector, then, CloudPortal Business Manager extracts the information from the connector and copies the serviceDefinition.xml, logo, terms and condition files, and UI implementation files to /usr/share/cloud/portal/data directory.
Now you can enable the cloud service connector from the UI.
Enabling cloud service connector and adding an instance
- Log in to CloudPortal Business Manager UI as Root user.
- Go to Home > All Services.
- Click Enable.
- Accept the Terms & Conditions defined by the Cloud Service.
- After enabling the cloud service, roles defined by the cloud service are mapped to appropriate CloudPortal Business Manager profiles.
Note: The service onboarding for customer and customer's users depends on these role mapping. Ensure that roles are appropriately mapped to profiles.
- Click Submit and then click Close.
- Go to Home > All Services > Cloud Services.
- Select the Service and click Add.
The Add Service Instance wizard opens.
- Specify the identifying information for the instance such as name, code, and description and click Next.
- In the Configuration page, specify the details that are specific to the connector for the service.
- Click Next.
The Default Product Selections page is displayed. This is a list of products based on defined UsageTypes.
- Select the products that you want to create at the time of creation of the service instance.
You can also edit the name and code for each of the default products.
- Click Next and specify the utility charges for the products that you have selected.
- Review and confirm the details.
- Click Add and then, click Close.