In order to install a vSphere Agent carry out the following steps using a browser on the network where the ESX(i) host is located.
- In the rCloud Web application, click on the Agents Tab.
- Use the Clients drop down on the top right of the screen to select the client you are working with.
Hover over the double drop down arrows next to the name of the Agent.
You can download the vSphere Agent to a Local Folder or directly to the ESX Host (recommended).
- To save it to a local folder for later upload to the ESX Host, select Local Folder and type in the path, e.g. C:emp.
- To save to an ESX(i) Host select ESXi Server on x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your Host.
- Click the ellipsis button to select a datastore and create a folder in which to install for the Agent.
- Click OK
- Click Download.
The download progress will be displayed. You can pause and resume the download or resume it if it is interrupted for any reason.
You will receive a notification once the download completes successfully. Click OK and Close.
Confirm that the Agent is installed and running on the ESX Host. The default Machine name is vSphereHostAgent. This can be changed without impacting the agent functionality.
Confirm that the Agent is checking in to rCloud.