A template is a reusable configuration for virtual machines. When users launch VMs, they can choose from a list of templates. A template is a virtual disk image that includes an OS type and is associated with a hypervisor type.
Adding a Template
- Click Add New.
- Specify the following:
- Name: Name for the template
- Display Text: Description of the template
- URL: The URL that hosts the image
- Zone: Zone where the template will be available
- OS Type: Select the OS type of the image
- Hypervisor: Hypervisor type
- Format: Image format
- Password Enabled: Specify yes for password reset feature that allows users to set a temporary admin or root password as well as reset the existing admin or root password.
- Select the check box to accept the terms and conditions and click OK.