Sentient Enterprise 11.0 CP1 Support Matrix
This support matrix provides information on which versions of operating systems and software are supported in Sentient Enterprise 11.0 cumulative patch 1 (11.00.0001). It consists of the following sections:
- Platform support
- Software support
- Hardware support
- Backward compatibility
- Alternate operating environments
- Virtualized environment support policy
1. Platform support
Table 1: Supported platforms
|Vendor||OS||Version||Architecture||Core||Satellite||App Mgmt.||ASSM||Patch Mgmt.||SnC||OS Mgmt.||Inventory Mgmt.||App Usage Mgmt.||WTS & Citrix||Administrator #|
|Microsoft||Windows 8.1 †||Enterprise/Pro||32/64||N||Y*||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y|
|Windows 2012 R2||Server||64||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Novell||SuSE Linux Enterprise||12.5||32/64||N||N||Y||Y||N||N||N||Y||N||N||Y|
|Red Hat||Linux Enterprise||7.4||32/64||N||N||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||N||N||Y|
|Apple||Mac OS X||10.15||64||N||N||Y||N||N||N||N||N||N||N||Y|
† indicates that it is not a supported platform.
Y* indicates that running Sentient Satellite Server on a "desktop" class OS imposes limitations of the OS on the Sentient Enterprise product and it is recommended only when the Satellite Server is in streamlined mode. The Satellite Server can only be deployed on a 64-bit OS.
Y‡ indicates that WEBM-based audit functionality is not supported for Debian and Ubuntu.
Administrator # indicates that Sentient Administrator Tools include the following files for different OS:
- Linux OS: Sentient Agent Explorer, Sentient Batch Publisher, Sentient Native Publisher, Sentient Publisher
- Mac OS: Sentient Agent Explorer, Sentient Batch Publisher, Sentient Publisher
- Windows OS: Sentient Agent Explorer, Sentient Configuration Server Database Editor (CSDB Editor), Sentient AMP Editor, Sentient Batch Publisher, Sentient Publisher
Sentient Enterprise 11.0 CP1 (11.00.0001) supports the major releases of the listed OS (such as Red Hat 6, SUSE 10, Windows 8), the support packs (SP), and minor releases up to and including the most recent version available at the time of this release (15 September 2023).
Sentient Enterprise does not support OS versions (major versions, SP, or minor releases) that are no longer supported by the OS vendor. For example, Sentient 10.00 supports Red Hat 4, including all minor releases up to 4.9, as long as they are supported by Red Hat. Sentient Enterprise supports Windows 2008 Server SP2, which includes support for SP1, as long as it is supported by Microsoft.
Remote Proxy support using Integration Server on Linux
The Linux-based Proxy Server remains supported in a Core-Satellite environment for customers who require proxy services running on a Linux host OS. This support uses the Integration Server-based Proxy Server and not an Apache-based Satellite Server. Note that the Integration Server-based Proxy Server is not managed in the Core-Satellite Console.
2. Software support
Currently, the Sentient Console application supports the following screen resolutions: 1366 x 768px, 1440 x 900px, 1600 x 1200px, 1920 x 1024px, 2560 x 1400px, and 3860 x 1600px. It is best viewed on a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
Table 2: Supported databases
|SQL Server Express||2012|
Table 3: Supported browsers
|Google Chrome||105 and later|
|Microsoft Edge||105 and later|
|Mozilla Firefox||103 and later|
Table 4: Third-party dependent software
|Amazon Corretto JRE||1.8.0_382|
|MySQL||8.0.34 and later|
3. Hardware support
Sentient Enterprise 11.0 CP1 (11.00.0001) supports the major versions of the listed software and all the minor releases up to and including the most recent version available at the time of this release (15 September 2023). Software versions that are released after 11.00.0001 will be supported within a reasonable timeframe to provide for QA testing. Sentient Enterprise does not support Software versions (major or minor versions) that are no longer supported by the Software vendor.
Table 5: Supported hardware
|HP Thin Clients||All managed models|
4. Backward compatibility
Table 6: Backward compatibility of Agent
|Server||11.0 CP1 Agent|
|RCA Infrastructure 9.1||Y*|
|RCA Infrastructure 9.2||Y*|
|RCA Infrastructure 10.0||Y*|
Table 7: Backward compatibility of Server
|Satellite Server||11.0 CP1 Core Server|
|RCA Infrastructure 9.1||N**|
|RCA Agent 9.1||Y*|
|RCA Infrastructure 9.2||N**|
|RCA Agent 9.2||Y*|
|RCA Infrastructure 10.0||Y**|
|RCA Agent 10.0||Y*|
* Sentient infrastructure components are designed to be backward compatible with earlier Agent versions and in most cases are also forward compatible. It also applies to patch releases.
** As a general rule of thumb, infrastructure components from the same Core-Satellite release should always be deployed into the infrastructure, and not mixed-and-matched with older component versions, except during an upgrade migration process, and where it is fully tested for compatibility.
If you want to migrate from an HPCA Classic environment to a Core-Satellite environment, refer to the Classic to Core-Satellite Migration Guide.
5. Alternate operating environments
- Several of the operating systems that we test have different installation modes for limiting the functionality of the operating system. Microsoft Windows Server 2022 is an example, offering a “core installation option” with six different roles. This is the same operating system but installed with a different set of options than the normal Windows Server 2022 operating system. Another example is Oracle Enterprise Linux, which is a derivative of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Oracle claims full and complete compatibility between OEL and RHEL. While Oracle does list a few small differences, it is expected to be functionally the same as RHEL.
- Based on the respective vendors’ statements about compatibility, Persistent Systems is confident that Sentient Enterprise operates without problems on these alternative operating systems. However; Persistent Systems does not perform any testing of Sentient Enterprise on these other operating systems or installation modes, and therefore cannot guarantee whether it will work.
- The Persistent Systems support organization will provide support for Sentient Enterprise running on these alternative operating systems, to answer questions, and troubleshoot and identify any problems customers may encounter while operating these alternate operating environments. Persistent Systems Support will provide best-effort support in these cases to determine if there are any defects in the Sentient Enterprise product. Persistent Systems reserves the right to request that a customer attempt to duplicate any issues or problems on a fully supported platform, if practical.
- Persistent Systems does not guarantee to repair or correct any product issues that are caused by differences in the supported operating systems, as listed in the support matrix, and these alternative operating environments.
6. Virtualized environment support policy
- Persistent Systems supports the operation of the Sentient Enterprise solutions in a virtualized execution environment. Accordingly, the Persistent Systems support organization responsible for the Sentient Enterprise software does not support the hypervisor (such as VMware ESX) or the host itself (such as VMware Server or Microsoft Virtual Server). VMware and Microsoft support a set of certified operating systems and hardware. The customer, VMware, and Microsoft are responsible for any interactions or issues that arise at the operating system layer as a result of their use of the virtualization technology. This support includes embedded hypervisor virtualization technology.
- Persistent Systems reserves the right to request that customers diagnose certain issues in a non-virtualized operating system environment. Persistent Systems will only make this request when there is reason to believe that the virtual environment is a contributing factor to the issue.
- While Sentient Enterprise solutions are expected to function properly in virtual environments, there may be performance implications that can invalidate or otherwise materially impact typical sizing and other recommendations. The analysis must be performed within the context of the specific application to be hosted in a virtual environment to minimize potential resource contention.
Table 8: Virtualization support for Sentient Server 9.1 and later
|Server||VM hosted on VMware ESX, ESXi 5.x and later||VM hosted on VMware Server||VM hosted on VMware Workstation 11.x and later||VM hosted on MS Virtual Server 2008 R2 and later|
|RCA Infrastructure 9.1 and later||Supported, but not recommended for production environment||Supported, but not recommended for production environment|
Table 9: Virtualization support for Sentient Agent 9.1 and later
|Agent||VM hosted on VMware ESX, ESXi 5.x and later||VM hosted on VMware Server||VM hosted on VMware Workstation 11.x and later||VM hosted on MS Virtual Server 2008 R2 and later|
'Supported' is defined by the above statement and where the Sentient Enterprise solution supports the operating systems that reside in the guest environment and are supported by it.
Originally published on 15 September 2023