ConVirt 2.0 Setup for Fedora/RHEL/CentOS
Note These are instructions tested on RHEL/CentOS 5.4. There might be slight variations on other distributions. We would appreciate your contribution in refining these instructions with distribution specific changes.
If you wish to create a virtual machine for installing ConVirt, use instructions here and then follow instructions below.
Installing and setting up ConVirt Management Server (CMS)
- Login as root user.
- Install wget
yum install wget
- Log in as a user account in which you wish to setup ConVirt management server.
- Download the setup package from http://www.convirture.com/downloads/convirt/2.0/convirt-install-2.0.tar.gz
wget --no-cache http://www.convirture.com/downloads/convirt/2.0/convirt-install-2.0.tar.gz
- Untar in the home directory. You will see the directory containing scripts to create TurboGerars2 (tg2) environment and ConVirt management server in the home directory.
tar -xzf convirt-install-2.0.tar.gz
- Install dependencies either as root user or using sudo.
sudo ./install_dependencies NOTE When prompted for mysql credentials for root, enter "convirt" (you can change this later.)
- Install ConVirt. For this you do NOT need to be root user.
./install_convirt NOTE You would be prompted for password for SSH identity for CMS server. You will be required to enter the password every time you start the ConVirt Management Server (CMS).
NOTE You would be prompted for password for SSH identity for CMS server. You will be required to enter the password every time you start the ConVirt Management Server (CMS).
Validating the CMS Setup
- Start ConVirt Management Server
cd ~/convirt ./convirt-ctl start
- NOTE You would be prompted for passphrase. Enter the same passphrase that you gave at the time of setting up ConVirt
- If the firewall is enabled, configure it to allow TCP access to port 8081
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 8081 -j ACCEPT
- Find the IP address of the machine using,
- Point your browser at CMS : http://ip-address:8081/. The default credentials are admin/admin.
- Stop server once you are done.
cd ~/convirt ./convirt-ctl stop
Continue with rest of the setup procedure here .