SSL setup for CMS on Ubuntu/Debian
To use SSL for CMS, we need to setup stunnel.
- Login as root user.
- Install stunnel
apt-get install stunnel
- Generate a certificate
(umask 077; \ /usr/bin/openssl req -new -x509 -days 365 -nodes \ -config /usr/share/doc/stunnel4/examples/stunnel.cnf \ -out /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem -keyout /etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem)
- Setup service
Change ENABLED = 1 in /etc/default/stunnel4 and /etc/init.d/stunnel4 files.
- Download configuration file.
cd /etc/stunnel wget --no-cache http://www.convirture.com/downloads/stunnel/UBUNTU/UBUNTU_stunnel.conf -O stunnel.conf
- By default the SSL port is set to 8082, feel free to change it by changing stunnel.conf
[convirt] accept = 8082 connect = 8081
- start the stunnel service
service stunnel4 start
- Point the browser to the login page.
NOTE This assumes that ConVirt is already started using ./convirt-ctl start
* Troubleshooting In case you run in to issue, take a look at the following. http://www.convirture.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6276
Back to the Installation page
To go back, click here .