The KeyNote speech is over ... Eric Hanselman took the audience on a data and compute journey through the past 1000 years.
We have a full house as we move into a discussion on Cybersecurity Trends in the 21st Century by Suprotik Ghose. Suprotik talks about how 74% of companies have been hacked and do not know about it ... but wait ... there is hope ... here is
- Ensure the organization is aware of the problem and is not neglecting it
- Senior management must be awaree and supportive. There is a periodic update plan for Senior management and board
- Organization should perform a risk assessment on their situation - what data or systems matter s and is aware of their assests and where they are loaded. Also awaree of theri service providers
- Know your crown jewels
- Create a plan to protect the crown jewels
- Periodically test the plan
- Update & enforce password polices
- Limit access on your open wireless network.
- Educate and train employees and periodically update the plan
- Review the entire Network infrastructure and break up it up to prevent access
- Maintain a healthy security budget and don't be scare to use it