Radia 9.1 End of Support Announcement
Beginning on June 30, 2019, Accelerite will no longer provide support, updates or fixes for Radia 9.1. This release has been in the market for more than 5 years and it is time for Accelerite and its partners to focus our investments on the latest releases so that we can support the newest technologies and continue to deliver outstanding value to our customers.
What actions should customers take?
As we wind down our support for version 9.1, our customers should start making plans to migrate to the latest release of Radia. We are providing a two (2) year window to assess, plan and execute the migration to ensure all our customers are successful.
What assistance will Accelerite provide for the migration?
Accelerite has a dedicated services team for Radia who have helped many customers successfully migrate from prior versions to the latest releases. We have developed services offerings to help the customers in every step of the migration process:
- Health Checks– to ensure your current implementation of Radia is functioning at an optimal level
- Migration Readiness Assessment– quick start services offerings to ensure all the necessary processes and activities are in place to ensure a smooth migration
- Migration Execution– services to conduct the actual migration with best practices gleaned from years of experience
Contact your Radia account manager today to schedule your services engagement to support your migration efforts at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is new in Radia 10.0?
With Radia 10.0 aligns closely with the new OS-As-A-Service approach that Microsoft has adopted starting with Windows 10. Radia 10.0 supports all the latest three branches of Windows 10. It supports Windows 7/8.1 rollup patching to make it easier for administrators to continue to patch Windows 7/8.1 devices. Radia 10.0 has out-of-the-box support for “Sentient”, Accelerite’s real-time infrastructure and security insights tool as well. This integration will benefit the CXOs immensely by augmenting their infrastructure management with real-time and live insights.
Here are some salient features of Radia 10.0
WINDOWS 10 AND WINDOWS 7/8.1 MANAGEMENT
- Windows 10 CBB OS In-place (Feature) upgrade through OSM and Software Manager.
- Windows 10 CBB servicing updates (Patch management) with the ability to entitle the entire cumulative updates of a branch as one policy along with deployment deferrals.
- Support for Windows 7/8.1 rollup patching with which the Security-only and rollup cumulative updates can be acquired and distributed to end points separately.
RADIA 10 & SENTIENT
- Out of the box integration with Sentient.
- Sentient helps IT Administrators search hundreds of thousands of enterprise endpoints and gather real-time data within seconds.
- Sentient helps in fixing critical security, compliance and configuration issues within minutes.
- You can find more information on Sentient here.
Here is a quick overview of what is new in Radia 10.0 CP3 which is the latest patch available for Radia 10.0
OFFICE 365 CLICK-TO-RUN
10.0 CP3 Click-to-Run (C2R) is an alternative to the Windows Installer-based (MSI) method of installing and updating Office. The MSI based version of Office uses Windows Installer technology, which is a traditional method of installing and updating Office. The C2R based version of Office uses Click-to-Run, a Microsoft streaming and virtualization technology, which allows you to open and start to use the product before the entire product is installed.
C2R uses Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) technology to run Office in an isolated environment. This allows multiple versions of Office 365 products to coexist on an endpoint. Radia uses the App-V client to stream Office product files from Radia Satellites over the network. This feature is available for all Windows 7 to Windows 10 endpoints.
ENTERPRISE PASSWORD VAULT
Enterprises are facing the risk of managing privileged identities and their passwords. Radia can now be integrated with any Password Vault manager. With this integration, enterprises using Radia can centrally manage credentials for various servers that are installed in the Radia environment.
- Express Installation
- Enhanced Google Chrome Patch Management
- Windows 10 Feature Upgrades and Service Updates
- RHEL Patching - Enhanced Radia RHEL patch management to support Red Hat Subscription Manager. This enhancement helps to manage security risks in Red Hat endpoints, helping the organization remain fully compliant.
- Preloading OS Images on Local and External Drives for Deployment.
- Support for Multiple Disk.
PEER TO PEER (P2P)
Radia Peer-to-Peer (Radia P2P) is a contemporary and secure feature that allows efficient distribution of large cumulative patches, software, or OS updates. It’s an optional feature that can be enabled or disabled, and when enabled, distributes cumulative patches or OS upgrades through software in a P2P way, reducing the load on Satellite and bandwidth significantly. P2P is supported for patch management, software management, and Windows OS upgrades through software manager in CP1.
RE-BRANDING TO SENTIENT
With a vision to consolidate the endpoint products into one stack, Radia and Sentient together will be called Sentient stack going forward. The changes have been introduced with 10.0 CP1 release. The patch installation will rename the product from Radia to Sentient Enterprise. You’ll see the Core and Satellite consoles and agents reflecting the re-branded Sentient name and logo.
In addition to the above, several maintenance and bug fixes that improve performance, scale and usability are included.
Contact your account manager to learn more about Radia 10.0 and to schedule a demonstration at email@example.com. We value the partnership we have with all our customers and look forward to each of you continuing the journey with Accelerite Radia. If you have any questions regarding the information in this announcement please contact your account manager or visit the Accelerite Support Portal http://support.accelerite.com.